Shevaughn works with adults and adolescents 16 years and over who may be experiencing a broad range of emotional difficulties including depression, anxiety, grief and loss, trauma, situational stress and overwhelm, difficulties associated with life changes and transitions and much more.
Shevaughn facilitates various forms of evidence-based therapies, and works with individuals to develop a tailored therapy package, which often includes a combination of:
- Talking therapies such as cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT), interpersonal therapy (IPT), grief counselling and supportive counselling,
- Expressive and creative therapies including various forms of art, journalling and movement,
- Relaxation and mindfulness training,
- Self-care practices and routines,
- Skills training including: problem solving skills training, time management, stress management, social skills, assertiveness, effective communication.
Hours of operation:
Open Monday to Thursday.
After hours appointments available Monday and Thursday.
1 hour consultation - $120
Clients with a GP Mental Health Care Plan are eligible for a Medicare rebate of $74.80, leaving a $45.20 out of pocket expense.
For client convenience Modern Minds Therapy has a HICAPS facility for EFTPOS transactions and immediate Medicare claiming.
What is 'Better Access to Mental Health' (BAMH)?
The purpose of the Better Access to Mental Health (BAMH) initiative is to improve treatment and management of mental illness within the community. The Better Access initiative is increasing community access to mental health professionals, with general practitioners encouraged to work more closely and collaboratively with psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, registered psychologists and appropriately trained social workers and occupational therapists.
Medicare rebates are available for clients to receive up to 10 individual and/or group allied mental health services per calendar year, under the Australian Government's Better Access to Mental Health Care Initiative. Rebates for these services are available to those who have been referred by a medical practitioner managing the patient under a G.P. Mental Health Care Plan, and/or a psychiatrist assessment and management plan; or on direct referral.